Monday, June 2, 2008

1 year for me

post one year entry.

i had my anniversary (here in US) may 19, 2009. 1 year.

people say that time flies by so fast, but not for me. being here wasn't fast, i had to endure every waking day knowing that i'm here to start from scratch. whether from school, friends, and even job (which i never thought that i would have to deal with it way beyond the age that i was expecting). had to deal with family matters, that i've never been before, had to make decisions and be firm. actually, i had to grow up more than my age, with life, my life, family, and yes, even love.

but though i may have a lot of rants for the first few months and in a whole year, i can truly say that i wouldn't trade anything that had happened to me here. i had lot of down's but i got through it and i got stronger everyday. i learned how to appreciate everything around me, every detail of my life, every people who was and is around me. i got be patient with money, people, TIME - no rewinds, no fast forwards. CHANGE, one thing that was always hard for me to accept and apply, but either that way or the highway. yes, slowly but surely i got to a point in which i realized that i should just accept change around me and not the other way around. i can't control it but i know i can accept it. that's when this progressing state i'm in right now took over me.

i can say that i am stronger, since i've been here problems never left me, they were the stones i had to carry and instead of leaving them behind me, i picked them up and made myself a path to stability. i learned how to live and survive here (half way) the hard way, EMOTIONALLY, physically, and spiritually. no regrets, instead lots of things to be thankful for.

pointers i live by:
live day by day, appreciate every detail, and be happy - make it!

No comments: