Sunday, September 30, 2007

thank heaven for seven eleven

my title is 7/11's theme phrase..(i don't know the right term for it..haha)

i've worked for 5 days this week and the first 2 days was really hard for me..haha first, i need to wake up at 5am to get ready..it's been 4 years now since i had this routine (MC days) so it was really hard for me and a lot of adjustments from sleeping time, eating time, and had to sacrifice my late night TV shows..haha second, i had to deal with people early in the morning because i admit i'm not a morning person, never was! haha and i guess never will..hahha i try to change my attitude in the morning but it doesn't work..haha i need an hour or few hours to get warmed up to be in the mood..that's why everyday around 7am-9am i'm not infront of the register, i'm walking around stacking stuffs or doing coffee because i don't want to deal with people..hahaha

but for the rest of the week everything was capital F-U-N for me! i have no complains with my job, duties, co-workers, manager, and boss..with costumers, quite few rants about them..and it was a dream come true for me..HAHAHA to be at the register! hahaha (hi cawax and nicole!)

i had an encounter with this old american lady and told me i got no manners when i didn't even open my mouth and did nothing wrong to her, i just grabbed a piece of paper mama was holding because she might give the wrong lotto ticket to that old lady..then all of a sudden the old lady started her own problem..well i was about answer back (my initial and real reaction) but then of course i had to tame myself or else i would make a scene..so i just stepped out of the counter and waited for her to go..

another encounter with a drunk american lady, i can't believe people getting drunk around 1pm..hello don't you think that's too early to be dancing around the street?! hahaha anyway, i knew she was drunk so i was praying that she would go to the other counter (Gabriel's counter) and she did, but then she saw the magazine stand infront of my counter and bought a mag with Pitt on the cover..i had to deal with her - no choice..but then this good mannered friend, Gabriel took charge of my counter and told me to deal with the other costumers online..thanks!

lastly, almost all of the mexican people coming in everyday in the store would talk to me in Spanish! everyday! hello! and i can't understand what they're saying except for the numbers! hahaha then sometimes i'd just find out that Gabriel and this costumer is already talking about me, not until they end the conversation and let my co-worker interpret everything..haha

but all in all i like the people, unity, and system that we have..i wish i could work longer for them and i just wish that i could work with them as my part time..hehe

No comments: